Becoming an Academy
We believe that there are clear benefits in joining the City Learning Trust family of schools. Our approach is to set clear values and guidelines for each academy to sign up to together with the autonomy to find their own solutions, with support and challenge from the Trust.
We expect our academies to:
- Work closely with all local agencies with an interest in the education of young people
- Provide a termly report on the progress of the academy toward improving achievement
- Positively contribute to the development of good practice by taking part in programmes of activity designed for the education and welfare of young people
- Work with industry, commerce and voluntary organisations
- Ensure that budgets are used to improve the academies and students’ outcomes
The City Learning Trust is happy to help governors and headteachers explore the potential of schools being sponsored to become academies.
For further information contact: Jo Shaw on 01782 882 620 email firstname.lastname@example.org.