Welcome and Vision
We are a family of schools sharing resources and expertise, united by our values, we place children first in everything we do.
Our vision is to be one of the United Kingdom’s leading multi academy trusts, providing the best opportunities for children and young people to develop their knowledge, skills and character so that they get the best start in life.
The Trust aims to provide a cooperative and collaborative context in which our schools can grow, develop and improve. This work takes many forms but has a clear focus on high expectations, school improvement and continuous professional development in order to ensure all pupils can fulfil their potential.
The ethos of the Trust is total commitment to excellence with exceptional leadership, teaching and learning at the heart of everything we do. We have a mission to create a world class education for the communities that we serve.
Every individual school has a voice, through the Trust’s open and transparent governance, in the key decisions which affect each school. Each school joining the Trust will be at a different stage on its journey and I would like to encourage applications from all phases.
The Trust’s Board of Directors are from a diverse range of backgrounds; each one has a different type of expertise to offer. They all have one thing in common; a commitment to an exceptional education where cooperation is highly valued and innovation is encouraged.
The following plan is intended to provide you with a greater understanding of the City Learning Trust and the way in which the Trust puts its strategic objectives into practice.
Chair of Board of Directors
Carl Ward, Chief Executive
Welcome to the City Learning Trust’s website.
The City Learning Trust is a family of schools and academies sharing resources and expertise. We believe in the power of collaboration and cooperation to unlock talent and fulfil potential. We want all children and young people within our Trust to be the best that they can be and are firmly committed to achieving our mission to create a world class education system for the communities we serve.
Children in the City Learning Trust have the best opportunities to develop their education and skills. They get the best start in life to help them gain employment in the future and to instil in them a desire for lifelong learning so they can adapt in an ever-changing world. In our Trust, education is linked up from 3 to 19, where skills and qualifications are allied to an increasing understanding of the value of continuous learning and social responsibility.
Our values are important to us and guide the work we do:
- Ambition: Our academies aim to unlock the potential for all learners to achieve their dreams, hopes and aspirations.
- Cooperation: We value working together in teams, supporting each other, and sharing expertise and accountability to improve standards.
- Commitment: Our academies are a family of schools with a common bond, dedicated to the communities that they serve.
- Creativity: We encourage innovation and the use of imagination and original ideas in all our schools.
- Leadership: We believe in listening to, inspiring and empowering our learning communities so that they can achieve their true potential.
- Respect: We value all people and organisations abilities, qualities and achievements, and operate using the principles of equality, equity and solidarity.
The Trust is on a journey from Good to Great. Through cooperation and collaboration, we develop sustainable partnerships that will provide a legacy for tomorrow’s generation. This enables our member academies to become greater than the sum total of their parts.
Please contact us if you would like to find out further information about joining our partnership of schools.