Welcome and Vision
“united by our values we place children first in everything we do”
Carl Ward, Chief Executive
Welcome to the City Learning Trust’s website. We are a partnership of schools with a mission to create a world class education system in Stoke-on-Trent for the communities we serve.
We are a family of schools sharing resources and expertise, united by our values, we place children first in everything we do.
Children in the City Learning Trust have the best opportunities to develop their education and skills. They get the best start in life to help them gain employment in the future and to instil in them a desire for lifelong learning so they can adapt in an ever-changing world. In our trust education is linked up from 3 to 19, and skills and qualifications are allied to an increasing understanding of the value of continuous learning and social responsibility.
To support this vision the City Learning Trust has six main aims:
- The skills and qualifications of our pupils and students will enable them to flourish in whatever vocational or academic setting they want to succeed in.
- We will develop in our pupils and students the key skills of literacy, numeracy, resilience, resourcefulness, enterprise, technological literacy and adaptability.
- We will take care of our most vulnerable pupils and students and the City Learning Trust will have an outstanding programme of support for those pupils and students who need it.
- We will develop partnerships with great schools locally, nationally and internationally to develop educational practice that connects learners world-wide.
- Business leaders will be partners in our journey to world class education and will develop joint educational projects that inspire entrepreneurship and promote employability skills.
- We will develop great leaders and team workers who understand the value of cooperation and play a proactive role in public life.
The City Learning Trust is a registered charity and a DfE sponsor. We have a range of strategic partners and work closely with a number of multi-academy trusts to raise standards.
Please contact us if you would like to find out further information about joining our partnership of schools.